I can't believe my baby is "1"! Garrett turned one on August 16th and wow does time fly. He's growing up so fast and it makes me a little sad. Both Mark and I agree though that he's at a fun stage right now, and we're enjoying him.
"I'm 1!"
Brand New
Garrett is a sweet little boy and is full of personality. From the time he was a newborn to now he's let us know what his mood he's in. When he's in a good mood he will grin from ear to ear and when he's upset the boy can scream. At those times his nickname is "grouchy Garrett" but lucky for us he's a pretty happy boy.
Garrett adores his big brother Carter and always keeps his eyes on him. Since he learned to crawl he's a little puppy dog. I love that they are best buddies.
Garrett loves to eat and it shows. I can never squeeze his chunky thighs and cheeks enough. I love all the baby chub and I'm sad that he is starting to thin out. He has always been in the 90th percentile range with his size. His bottle is by far his favorite treat and when he sees us making it he acts as if he's going to die waiting for us to give it to him. He is sooo dramatic :)
He's finally getting lots of blond hair and has big blue eyes. Garrett has his four top teeth and two bottoms. He army crawled for a long time but now is a speedster at crawling. He's also pulling himself up to the couches and starting to walk along them. Garrett's favorite words are momma and uh oh.
I have so much more I could say about Garrett, I love him so much and he gets tons of kisses. I can't believe I have two amazing little boys I'm so blessed. Happy Birthday "Gare Bear"!
We had a birthday party in Grandpa and Grandma Westergard's backyard. We had a BBQ with both families and it was a lot of fun to get all our family together. The kids had fun with the balloons and the adults had fun eating and chatting. I decided to get creative and made Sesame Street cupcakes. I thought they turned out pretty cute for never having decorated anything with icing before. I got really excited when I went to Zurcher's and found Sesame Street party supplies that said "1" on them. It all turned out perfect. Garrett wasn't so sure if he liked everyone's attention on him when we sang. He looked at us confused and wide eyed. Then after opening a couple presents he had had it and started to bawl. His stuffed cookie monster toy made him happy though, it says "COOKIES, Yum Yum Yum" and Garrett laughs at it every time because I make it act like it's eating him :) He's such a cute little boy and I'm glad he's mine.













Cousins Tytan, Logan, and Libby
Cousin Ellie
I had lots of help blowing out candles and opening presents.
Yum Cupcakes! My very first one.
Come here I'll get you!
I've had enough!
Cookie Monster will cheer me up.




2 comments:
LOVE this post! Darling pictures & I love the cupcakes, balloons, decorations, etc... it all turned out adorable! You are so creative. Loved looking at what you did... : )
Happy Birthday Garrett!
So big, cute and chubby!! I LOVE the cupcakes, so awesome!
Post a Comment