Wow, it's been awhile since I've had a chance to blog. I didn't even post in August and so much has been going on. I started teaching again part-time this school year. I really enjoy teaching and I actually wake up excited to go to work (after I wake up that is). Teaching is very fulfilling to me. I believe it is a job that makes a difference, even if just a small one. I love the energy and excitement children bring to a classroom. I get to be creative and plan lessons and these are things that I enjoy. It has been hard leaving my little boys. The first couple of days I cried and felt like an awful mother. However, they are in great hands because my sister-in-law is watching them at my house. How lucky is that, and she is wonderful! I decided to return to work because first of all we can use the money since Mark is going to school and someday we hope to build a home. Secondly, I could use some time outside the home. I know that may sound bad but I need a break from the house and my little darlings. Especially since Mark works full time and then goes to school until 8:30pm. It actually works out great doing my job share because I only work half of the week and then another teacher who I share with teaches the other half. So far I've had a rough school year and have been extremely busy with it. I feel like I was supposed to take this job though and so I know it will work out.
The summer has come and gone way too fast! I'm definately a warm weather person and would move to St. George in a second if all my family weren't up here. At the beginning of the summer I set a goal to do something every day with the kids and get out of the house and make memories with them. I think I did a pretty good job. There were many fun filled days taking walks, visiting parks and pools, and lots of family BBQ's. I tried to do a variety of things and we went to many festivals, fireworks, and parades. I will certainly miss all the things there are to do in the summer, but I guess there will always be another one. Since I've neglected blogging for awhile I'm just going to post a variety of pictures.
These first three pictures are at the splash pad in South Ogden. It's a free community park that my friend Aubree told me about and it's a lot of fun.
We went to the Weber County Fair and looked at all the animals. Carter loved petting the goats and brushing the cow.
Mark's Aunt Kathy's husband Reid is an amazing engineer. He built this ferris wheel and we took a ride. It was really neat and we could even make ourselves go upside down by pulling a lever at the right time.
Garrett enjoyed all the excitement.
Carter even went with daddy for a ride.
We went swimming at a few pools. This was at my Dads best friend Barry's home.
The boys love going on bike rides. Aren't they cute peeking out :)




No comments:
Post a Comment