Friday, January 6, 2012

Halloween 2011

I usually love the Fall around Halloween time, but this year I was a party pooper. I didn't do all the fun Halloween things I usually do during the month because I felt like death. I was in pure survival mode, just surviving each day. Why? Well, because I'm pregnant with baby #4 (3rd pregnancy, 4th baby). Pregnancy is really rough on me. Actually I hate it. Strong word I know, but I feel sooo sick and nauseated day after day and it gets me down. With the first two I was sick until half way. Even then it never fully went away it just became do-able. So in the beginning knowing that I'm going to feel like I have the stomach flu for 4 months straight is more than I can handle. Let's just say Mark gets to put up with a lot from me during this time. I'm miserable and I don't hide it. Bad attitude I know. This time around the nausea is a little bit better and I can control the puking if I control my brain. So that's good. However, I've never experienced this type of exhaustion before. I have bad fatigue and could sleep all day. No joke. I was reading about pregnancy symptoms one day and the article said, "You may feel so tired that you are falling asleep just reading this." The funny part was that it was true. My goal is to survive until Christmas. Can I do it?
So this Halloween wasn't all that exciting, but I don't think my boys knew the difference. I felt bad because I didn't even get excited about costumes. Garrett wore a hand-me-down from Carter, and I bought Carter the cheapest little fireman costume in the store. At least he picked it out, so he didn't mind. I'll do better next year when I'm not 3 months pregnant. Promise :)

We did carve pumpkins at Grandmas. They aren't so sure about touching those slimy guts though.

Carter finally got into it after some coaxing from Mark.


 Yuck! I could barely stand the smell.

Getting ready to head out trick-or-treating on Halloween.

I even got excited to go.

My cute Dino Garrett.

My handsome fireman Carter.

He's pointing to his pumpkin he carved by himself.

I didn't get any good trick-or-treating pictures.
Here we are at the Slaterville park at the trunk-or-treat.
It was insanely packed.

Some people get pretty creative.

This is a Garrett pouting moment. He was mad so he stands still and won't follow us. He sticks out his bottom lip and looks at the ground. It's just a memory photo for me because he's done it many times. I want to remember his personality.

No comments: