Sunday, December 11, 2011

Garrett Turns 3!

This little monkey turned 3 on August 16th. I remember cuddling him in the hospital (so in love) while we watched the Summer Olympics of 2008 on TV. I had no idea just how much this little boy would mean to me in the coming years. I adore him! Can't get enough of him! He's stolen a big chunk of my heart forever. Even when I need to take a break from kids, it doesn't take me long to miss him (and my Carter). I love waking up to his smiling face each day saying "hi mommy." It makes me sad he is growing so fast. So I'm trying to enjoy it all now.

Garrett has a lot of personality. He wears his emotions on his face and within a few seconds can pull a dozen faces. I love watching his faces. They make me laugh :)






He also likes to express what he's feeling by saying, "I feel happy mom," or "I'm not happy anymore," while sticking out his bottom lip. He's sensitive to other's feelings and gets upset during sad parts during shows and then squeals with delight during the happy parts. He can get so excited. When there's a scary part on a show (like mean dogs) he'll hide under a blanket or pillow, or peek around the kitchen wall. When he decides to have a tantrum he'll just throw his body to the ground and act like he's dying with a sick look on his face.

He's a pretty easy child. I have to admit so far I've been lucky in that department. My boys try to please and with a little "time out" I can usually get them to do anything. Garrett is usually happy and smiling unless I'm asking him to smile for a picture. His best buddy is his brother Carter and he hates when he leaves to go to school. They play well together. I'm thankful for that. Although they like to blame each other for things. One of Garrett's favorite phrases is "Carter did it!"

Garrett is a mommas boy. He's always hugging on me and getting kisses ( I love those cheeks). If I'm sitting on the couch he has to be touching me. He always wants to be on my lap or next to me so close I can't move. He's my shadow when Carter's gone.

Garrett is a very picky eater but his favorite food is a peanut butter and jam sandwich. He has one almost every day. He loves Thomas the Train and Cars. His favorite color is blue. He's going through an independent stage right now and often says, "Me do it." For a while Garrett called us (Mark and I) by our first names. There was no mommy and daddy just, "Come here Mark" or "Hi Atchee" (that meant Chelsey). Such a stinker. Mark is a big teaser and usually teases him until he cries (I don't get it). Garrett will then say, "mom, put daddy on the naughty chair."

Since he loves trains right now we had a train birthday party.

We had the party at grandpa/ma Westergard's house. Both families came.

We had a dinner of sloppy joes and salads first. 
Ellie can't resist the candy on the train cake.

I made him a train cake but it didn't turn out as good as I had planned.
There's little finger prints all over the frosting. The kids got to it really quickly.

For a party favor I bought each child an engineer hat and train whistle.

The birthday boy playing with Lightning Mcqueen.

Carter thinks it's his Birthday and guards the gifts.

Cousin Korver is whistling at the girls.

Time to light the candles!

Blow them all out!

Our little family

Lots of presents to open

We then had a pinata. 

The kids loved hitting it, but I worried Garrett would freak once Thomas broke.

He was fine and they all enjoyed the candy.

No comments: