We had a really nice Christmas this year. It was busy and I still need to work on simplifying it, but at least I wasn't doing last minute shopping this year which was a big relief. Carter is old enough to know all about Christmas now and he was super excited. I would ask him what he wanted from Santa and his answer always changed. His funniest answer one day was that he told me he wanted a garbage can. "I want a little one mom for my garbage and things."He was very serious about it and I had to laugh. He got a garbage truck instead. He would also get all the toy book magazines out of the newspaper and read them like they were a novel. He carried them around constantly saying, "I want this mom." I tried to chuck them but it about broke his heart. Garrett doesn't get the whole Christmas thing yet but loved ripping into presents and opened many that weren't his.
We started our celebration Christmas Eve at Grandpa/ma Westergard's house. We had a nice dinner and then read the Christmas story together. We also celebrated Carter's birthday with that side of the family that evening. After coming home we opened our Christmas pajamas and headed to bed.
Christmas morning brought all kinds of excitement. Carter and Garrett got spoiled again. Mark got a Droid cell phone which he won't put down and I got a new camera that takes HD video.
Later that morning we went to Grandpa/ma Westergard's again for a delicious breakfast and to open gifts with them. We then went to my Mom's to open gifts with all my family and eat a Christmas lunch. A full day of craziness! We then celebrated Carter's birthday with my family and stopped by to visit my Grandma Slater on the way home. Whew what a day!
The kiddie table at Grandpa/ma Westergard's Christmas Eve

Susan always makes the table look so nice for dinner
Opening Christmas pajamas
Looks like Santa came!
Carter got his big red firetruck
Garrett got Woody complete with a hat (he loves the hat)

Mark so excited to get new clothes
The disaster zone
Mark with his Droid phone
Can you picture him rubbing his hands together in excitement?
Opening presents from Grandpa/ma Westergard
More craziness at my Mom's house
My lovely mother
Jordan and his cute boys
Ty and Carter checking out his new toy
Merry Christmas Everyone!




No comments:
Post a Comment