Thursday, December 24, 2009

I Spoke Too Soon!

My last post was about some challenges that come with motherhood. Well, I spoke too soon! That very same day that I wrote that post I had another incident. This time it was at the grocery store. I went to Walmart to get some last minute Christmas items. Mark was at work so I had to take both boys with me. I had Carter in the basket and Garrett on the seat. I grabbed a bunch of bathroom items like soap, shampoo, and lotion. Then I found a couple cute scarves and dress shirts. I had all the items in the cart with Carter and then went to find some Christmas cards for my Grandmas. As I was reading different cards trying to find good ones for my Grandmas, I was paying more attention to the cards than my sons. I should have known they were being too quiet. What got my attention was when I heard some adult start to chuckle and I looked up to see what was so funny. Unfortunately, what I saw was not funny to me it was horrifying! Carter and Garrett had gotten into the lotion and had it everywhere! I'm not kidding when I say everywhere. There was so much lotion on both of their hands it looked liked they had stuck there hands in a bowl of white frosting and pulled a bunch out. They were playing with it and it was all over there clothes, hair, and faces. That wasn't the worst part. It was on every item in the cart! It was on the clothes, between the bars on the cart, absolutely everywhere! I'll admit I made myself laugh at first because I knew I was going to loose it. I just moved the cart to an empty isle and pretty much had a meltdown because I didn't know what to do. I was at the Brigham City Walmart because I hate the one in Harrisville. I knew Mark should be getting off work any minute and he just worked up the street at Wells Fargo. So I called Mark and told him to come rescue his children. Luckily he came right away to help or there probably wouldn't have been any live children at our house for Santa to come visit this year J

1 comment:

Aubree said...

OH Chelsey! I hear ya! I had a break down just today. I know the feeling - the one right before you turn around to see what the adult was laughing at - the feeling that you know your children did something... but what was it this time???? Right?! Horrible! Motherhood is a constant battle between the good & the ugly. And the moms are always the ones cleaning up the dirty laundry... right?! Good thing Mark was there to lend a hand... I guess you can count that as a blessing!!!

Glad they made it to see Santa! : ) Can't wait to see how your Christmas was!