School is out for the summer and Carter is so sad. He loves preschool and riding on the school bus. Carter is a little behind in his speech so he qualifies for the special ed. preschool provided by the school district. He started school after Christmas break when he turned three and it has been so great for him. The school bus picks him up and drops him off four days a week. He's gone for 31/2 hrs and gets to socialize with other kids, experience fun activities, get help with speech, and learn a lot. He has learned so much from this and his speech is a ton better. He'll probably get to continue this until Kindergarten. But for the summer's he'll have to hang out with mom. We'll have some fun buddy :)
Now let me gripe a little bit. I hate potty training! I feel Carter is ready so we've been working on it the last couple weeks. He goes in the potty when he wants, and knows that he is supposed to, but sometimes he chooses not to. When he goes on the potty I praise him like crazy and even give him a treat. He acts like he is the coolest for doing it but then later he'll go upstairs and pee in his closet or something and then come down and tell me about it. AHHHh! I am so sick of cleaning up pee. He wears big boy underwear around and no pants, I haven't been using pull-ups in the day because they are too much like diapers. So when he pees on my carpet I kindly say,"Carter where are you supposed to go pee pee?" he says, "in the potty," and then I nicely point to where he peed on my new carpet and remind him not to pee there. Now I'm trying to be so calm about it because that is what the potty training books tell you to do, but in reality I want to scream and pull my hair out. So if any of you have advice I could use some; leave me a comment. I know this won't last forever and its all a part of grand motherhood :)
Carter in his Wee Weber shirt and backpack getting on the school bus.
He loves the bus and wonderful bus driver.
The following pictures are of Carter at preschool on graduation day. Even though he wasn't really graduating he still got to participate in the program and pretend he was.
Teacher Tina and his classmates during the program.
Carter standing by his best buddy at school Cooper (in orange). Teacher Tina calls them, "two peas in a pod." They both even have twin brothers.
On the last day of school it was a water day and one of the teacher's bought them water squirters.
Garrett liked water day too! Look and those chubby cheeks and thighs :)




1 comment:
Your boys are cute and growing up fast! Somehow kids seem to do that, don't they?! It would be fun to catch up and let the kids play at a park. If this darn rain will ever stop I think that would be a great idea. If you leave me a comment on my blog with your email addy I will send you my phone number.
-Karlie
Post a Comment