Sunday, May 31, 2009

Camping in Green River

We went camping with the Westergard family in the middle of May. It was a lot of fun and Carter loved being outdoors full time. We camped in Green River and I enjoyed having our little family in the tent together. It made me think back to all the times I went camping as a child and my parents would fit all four of us kids in the tent around them. It's a surreal feeling to have my own little family now, doing the same thing.

We spent a day in Arches National Park hiking up to see the Delicate Arch. It wasn't a bad hike but with two small children it's not something I would recommend. Garrett was fine riding on Mark's back but poor little Carter's legs got tired fast going uphill in the heat. Luckily we had grandparents with us to help carry him. Grandma Susan pretty much carried him all the way down the mountain. I had never seen the arch before so I did enjoy experiencing it. I feel like a true Utahn now :)

After our hike we found a neat park to hang out in, in Moab while crazy Daddy went mountain biking on the slickrock trail.

The next day we went to Goblin Valley which was really neat but a little too hot for Garrett. When we walked down into the valley it was like a furnace and Garrett started screaming. We explored a little, took some pictures, and then got out of there.

It was a fun weekend. We always enjoy spending time with the family and it was fun to have everyone there.











2 comments:

ShowalterFamily said...

Cute! I had so much fun on this trip. Next time we will have to go when it isn't quite so hot during the day.

Aubree said...

I loved looking at your pictures. It looked like a lot of fun! It'd be fun to plan a camping trip with some of our friends (and families) somewhere...